Monday, July 8, 2013

I Love Zoos So Much, I Might As Well Marry (in) One

A few weeks ago John won two tickets to the zoo. That same day I was given a Target "Bullseye" dog, for being a top cashier. Naturally, we decided to switch prizes. When John and I had a day off together, we decided to go to the zoo. It was  really hot/muggy. I love zoos. I do not love hot/muggy. So, we had a pretty alright time. Here are some pictures from our trip to the zoo:
Snow leopard sleeping up next to the glass.
Baby gorilla at the zoo. They have to
nurse him because his mom is sick.
Can you imagine holding a baby gorilla as your job??
Adorable red panda!!!
Tiger cooling off in the waterfall. So pretty!
The flamingos must be eating gourmet
meals out of that chafing dish...
Baby rhino chillin next to his mama!
Baby elephant!!
The polar bears.
Underneath the swimming polar bear!
John and I with the polar bear.
Bottom view of sharks
during feeding time.
PENGUINS!
John and Molly, the camel
John has also recently decided that he wants to visit all of the major league baseball parks. There are 30 different ball parks, and he had seen 5 of them before he decided this. So he's mapped out his trips for the remainder of the season and set off on his first one last week. He went to Cincinnati for a Reds game and to visit two of his dear friends. I believe the highlight of his trip was eating nachos out of a batting helmet...
Great American Ballpark
Since I'm not totally in love with baseball, John has agreed that any time I accompany him on a trip to a ballpark, we can also go to the zoo! He doesn't understand why I love zoos so much, but I just do. It's nice to able to walk, talk and be entertained. Plus every trip is guaranteed to be different, even if you go to the same zoo! I just love zoos.

Needless to say, this blog is about to become full of pictures of baseball stadiums and zoos.

1 comment: